Pre-School – Children will
- Interact with familiar Bible stories through storytelling, crafts, songs, puppets, drama
- Recognize Christmas is a celebration for Jesus birthday and the story is found in the Bible
- Identify that Jesus is God’s son and that He loves them
Kindergarten & First Grade – Children will
- Learn the characters and stories of the Bible through age-appropriate stories, songs, and crafts.
- Be involved in the creative telling and dramatizing of Bible stories.
- Be encouraged to ask questions about the Bible readings and imagine what the Biblical characters might say if they could be there.
Second & Third Grade – Children will
- Explore the contents of specific books of the Bible.
- Compare and contrast their own personal life experiences to the stories they learn about in the Bible.
- State the moral or lesson of specific stories being studied in the Bible.
- Demonstrate an understanding that the Bible tells that God sent Jesus to earth because He loves all people.
Fourth & Fifth Grade – Children will
- Recognize the impact of the Bible on our faith.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of familiar Bible stories.
- Learn the importance of using the Bible as a guide for living.
- Recite The Lord’s Prayer, 23 Psalm, and other favorite scriptures from memory.
Middle School – Youth will
- Learn how the Bible stories are applied to modern day situations and how to apply them to their lives
- Learn Bible verses through memory challenges
- Learn through skits, puzzles, drawing, reading, storytelling, and other activities to connect the Bible and to help them remember what they are learning
- Discuss the historical context of the Old and New Testament, using timelines and visuals to help in the process
High School – Youth will
- Maintain and continue progress in the knowledge of the Bible
- Lead peer group Bible devotions
- Lead personal Bible devotion time
- Study God’s word for application to their own lives