Pre-School – Children will
- Understand that the Bible is a special book that tells stories about God, his people and Jesus.
- Learn the Bible was written a long time ago and life was different during that time.
Kindergarten & First Grade – Children will
- Be introduced to the concept of Old and New Testaments.
- Be introduced to the many authors of the books of the Bible.
- Have a better understanding of the stories they are told and how they can locate them within the Bible.
Second & Third Grade – Children will
- Locate two main parts of the Bible- Old and New Testament.
- Participate in activities, songs and games to aid in the pronunciation and knowledge of the books in the Old and New Testament.
- Locate books in the Bible, chapters and verse with assistance.
Fourth & Fifth Grade – Children will
- Expand their knowledge of the Bible both Old and New Testaments.
- Participate in activities to remember and quickly locate the books of the Old and New Testament and remember their order.
- Identify Biblical characters and their importance to our faith.
- Use the Bible to locate specific books, chapters and verses.
- Tell stories of our faith from memory.
- Tell the story of Jesus from memory.
Middle School – Youth will
- Read Bible lessons weekly
- Be able to identify books of the Bible as Old/New Testament and know how to find them
- Utilize their devotionals at home and use in conjunction with the weekly lessons and prayer
- Learn the Catechism in preparation for confirmation class
High School – Youth will
- Advance in proficiencies for use of the Bible by topic research with the Bible .and
- Exploring biblical values and applying with current culture/happenings
- Exploring the relationship between Bible stories and major periods in history
- Participating in round-table discussions of faith and life issues with peers.
- Taking greater focus towards love, forgiveness, and acceptance