Pre-School – Children will
- Learn that prayer is talking to God and you are quiet and listen when others are praying aloud
- Give thanks before eating snacks
- Join in echo prayers with adult leaders
- Be given the opportunity to add to group prayers
Kindergarten & First Grade – Children will
- Learn to pray by following adult leadership through echo prayers, songs, etc.
- Discuss what it means to pray.
- Discuss different ways to pray.
- Be introduced to The Lord’s Prayer.
Second & Third Grade – Children will
- Learn reasons why we pray, and when we pray.
- Engage in prayer by following adult leadership through listening and echo prayer.
- Engage in silent personal prayer and oral group prayer.
- Listen to and interpret the Lord’s Prayer.
- Memorize the Lord’s Prayer and understand its meaning.
Fourth & Fifth Grade – Children will
- Understand that prayer is a closer relationship with God.
- Understand why we pray.
- Value the importance of prayer.
- Demonstrate the ability to pray individually and with and for others.
- Be able to pray The Lord’s Prayer from memory.
Middle School – Youth will
- Develop prayer as a source of comfort and reliability in our faith when problems weigh on our hearts
- Make use of a devotional to stay connected throughout the week to God, through prayer and the Bible
- Develop ability to pray for themselves, friends, family and world
- Develop ability to pray publicly
High School – Youth will
- Continue developing personal prayer (intimate and mindful)
- Continue developing public prayer abilities (spiritual and shared)
- Learn about different ways to experience prayer (songs, silence ,music)